1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the carrots, celery, and garlic. Cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the pearl onions, asparagus, lupini beans, rosemary, and thyme. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, stir together the flour and 2 tbsp of the whole milk. Set aside.
4. Pour the remaining milk and veggie broth into the cooked veggies. Bring the mixture to a simmer and stir in the flour mixture. Cover and cook on medium-low heat for about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. The mixture should have thickened substantially.
5. Fill a casserole dish with the filling mixture. Let the mixture cool at room temperature for about 25 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, start the cornbread batter in a bowl by whisking together the all purpose flour, cornmeal, brown sugar, salt, and baking powder. Add the egg and milk and whisk until smooth and thoroughly combined.
7. Scoop six evenly spaced spoonfuls of the cornbread batter onto the filling.
8. Bake the pot pie for 30 minutes until the cornbread is baked through and the sides are bubbly.
9. Enjoy immediately!